Conference registration includes all educational sessions, meals, reception and course materials. Members must sign in to receive member pricing. Credit card accepted online only. Want to be invoiced or not a member? Contact Chris to register.
1st Attendee - $169/*$194
Additional Staff - $149/*$174
Consultant Member - $199/*224
Allied/CVB Member - $399/*$424
1st Attendee - $224/*249
Additional Staff - $199/*224
*After May 3, prices increase $25
Associations North is a CAE Approved Provider. This conference may be applied for 4.5 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.
Note: This program is not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ASAE or the CAE program. Applicants may use any program that meets eligibility requirements in the specific timeframe towards the exam application or renewal. There are no specific individual courses required as part of the applications – selection of eligible education is up to the applicant based on his/her needs.
Conference cancellations must be received in writing, via fax or e-mail, no later than Friday, May 3 in order to qualify for a full refund. After May 3, a $25 cancellation fee will be charged if cancelled by May 7. After May 7, no refunds will be issued. Unfortunately, we are unable to honor phone requests. "No-shows" who have not pre-paid will be invoiced for the total registration fee.
1. Why should I attend?
There are many reasons to attend, here are the top reasons we hear from members most:
- Meet experts and influencers in the industry face-to-face
- Expand your knowledge and find solutions to problems
- The CONNECTIONS! Meet industry peers, build relationships and others who can help you do your job better
- Time to get inspired, reflect and brainstorm your next big idea outside of your office
- Get to know new vendors and suppliers who can help save time and money
- Earn CAE credits
- It's FUN!
2. Can I transfer my registration to someone else if I can’t attend?
- Yes, you can transfer or cancel (see cancellation policy above) your registration if you are unable to attend. Email Chris to make changes to your registration by May 14. After May 14, changes can be made onsite.
3. Will there be free Wi-Fi at the conference?
- Yes, complimentary Wi-Fi will be provided in the hotels' public spaces.
4. Is there a non-profit discount?
- No, we do not offer a non-profit discount. Discounts are available to members. Additionally, scholarships are available.
5. What meals are included with my registration?
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and snacks) are included. Additionally, some exhibitors will provide treats at their booths.
6. What are you doing for attendees with food allergies?
- We will work with the catering team to do our best and accommodate any food allergies and dietary needs. Please note any requests at the time of registration.
7. What do I need to do before the convention?
- Attendees are encouraged to review the program agenda, exhibitor listing (and highlight booths you want to visit), complete any pre-work for sessions (attendees will be notified in advance if included in program) and read all conference emails and materials. Attendees are encouraged to bring an RFP (or several) to Solutions Trade Show to receive a chance to win $250 cash!
8. Where can I find information on the convention program?
- A printed program will be provided at registration when you check in for the conference. All other details will be provided on this conference page or emailed to attendees.
9. What’s the difference from Annual Meeting and Expo and Solutions Conference?
- In 2018, we changed the conference name from "Annual Meeting & Expo" to "Solutions Conference with Annual Meeting & Expo" to better reflect the attendee needs: solutions through connections, education and trade show.
10. Is a mothers nursing room available?
- Yes, a nursing room will be available for attendees. Please note your request on your registration form (under special requests) and we will be in touch with specific details.
11. Parking: Cost and location?
- The Hyatt Regency Minneapolis is offering discounted parking ($10) for attendees in the attached ramp.
12. Can I attend without being a member?
- Yes, non-member association professionals and meeting planners are invited to attend the conference at the non-member registration rate. Non-member vendors are allowed to exhibit.
13. Do you have a conference app?
- We do not have a conference app this year. Conference details will be posted on the conference page as available.
14. Will materials be available onsite or should I print in advance?
- Limited materials will be available onsite; conference materials will be emailed in advance.
15. What are the Mind Dash Conversations?
- The Mind Dash Conversations are informal opportunities to find new ideas and solutions on the trade show floor from attendees having pop-up conversations in the areas of governance and strategy, meetings and events, marketing and communications and membership and volunteerism. The conversations are located in the middle of the trade show floor. Feel free to listen in on the conversations, you never know where your next great idea will come from.
16.What are the Experience Booths?
- Experience Booths are located on the trade show floor. They are larger booths that are meant to create an experience for attendees. This year's theme is: stimulate, relax, hydrate and recharge. Stop by each for a unique experience and meet the exhibitors.
17. What if I have special requests?
- No problem, we'll do our best to accommodate special requests! Please note your special request at registration so there are no surprises.
18. How do I know which sessions I signed up for at registration?
19. How do I print my CEU transcript?
- Manage your profile (login required) and click on "Professional Development" to view, print and email your transcript.
20. How do I print my receipt?
21. What is the Newbie Lounge?
- Connect with other "newbies" (first time attendees) and members who can answer your questions and help make the most of your first conference experience.
22. Who are the exhibitors?
- The exhibitors are companies who provide products or services to associations, such as hotels, printers, AMS providers, marketing firms, etc. Take advantage of this valuable time to connect with existing and potential providers who can save you time and money. Don't forget to bring an RFP to the trade show for a chance to win $250 cash (for each RFP presented to an exhibitor).
23. Are there prizes?
- Yes, there will be multiple opportunities to win prizes throughout the day, with most of the opportunities happening at Solutions Trade Show. Visit exhibitors to sign up for booth prizes, plus bring an RFP (and present to an exhibitor) for a chance to win $250 cash (each RFP) and participate in the Grand Prize challenge (details provided as you enter the trade show).
24. What happens at the Annual Meeting?
- Join Mark Salter, CAE, CFA Society Minnesota, 2018-19 Board Chair as we review accomplishments of the past year and announce future plans.
25. What is the attire for the conference?
- Business casual (dress comfortably).
26. Are photos/video taken during the conference?
- The conference will be recorded for publicity. Please note that as a registrant of this conference, you give Associations North permission to publish photographs taken during the conference. If you prefer not to have any photos taken or be videographed, please make a note under "special requests" so we can accommodate your request.
Do you have a question not posted here? Email us.