Diversity & Inclusion
Associations North advocates for and promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across underrepresented groups in Associations North membership. Associations North will provide leadership and commit time and resources to accomplish this objective while serving as a model to other associations.
Did you know Associations North offers a Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship? Check it out.
In 2016, Associations North partnered with Creative Catalyst to work along side the Board of Directors, staff and D&I committee in our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion to perform a Diversity & Inclusion Discovery Survey.
Here are some highlights from the survey:
- On an individual level, most members reported an understanding of the role of diversity and inclusion in organizations and are able to work with others across differences, but most are not actively involved in direct efforts to advance diversity and inclusion. Majority of respondents have not had the knowledge or skill building in the past year and training and development were cited as most important.
- On an organizational level, most members reported an understanding of the role of diversity and inclusion in organizations and are able to work with others across differences, but most don’t understand the competitive advantage or the business case.
- Top member needs: resources and training
- Top 5 diversity and inclusion strategies or practices organizations are currently pursuing:
- Inspiring or engaging the next generation of talent
- Creating a culture of inclusion
- Broadening the talent pool
- Employee/member learning and development
- Work-life balance policies and practices
Associations North is actively working on building the business case for diversity and inclusion and being a model for members. As we continue grow on our journey we will share resources, information and access to opportunities for your organizations.