CEO Strategy Series
Wednesday, January 23 | Wednesday, March 27 | Wednesday, May 29
Invest three days to attend professionally facilitated peer-to-peer sessions, enabling you to do your best work on behalf of your association. Mary Byers, CAE will show you how to create a clear vision for the future of your association and a strong action plan for the present.
CEO Strategy Series will provide protected time, practical tools, valuable concepts and personal coaching to help CEOs, COOs and assistant executive directors identify the steps necessary to creating a vibrant, healthy and relevant association—one that members want to belong to, not one they have to be begged to join. It’s a powerful shift—both for associations and the senior-level executives who run them.
Topics to be covered (subject to change, based on needs of group) include:
- Obstacle Busting: Upping your game
- Strategy and Innovation: Creating a culture that supports both
- Leadership Development: Pursuing excellence in volunteers and staff
Plus, participants will participate in "hot seats" to share challenges, resources and uncover questions to ask moving forward. Time for goal setting, personal work time and peer-to-peer sharing will also be provided. Want to hear more? Listen to testimonials from other association executives who participated in the pilot program in Indiana and Associations North member, Lane Velayo:
- I was lucky enough to participate in Mary Byer’s pilot of Strategy Circles program. Mary is a fantastic facilitator who provides exercises and techniques that are immediately implementable. I found the program to not only be beneficial from what Mary provided, but the small environment of high level association executives provided a safe peer group that allowed us to learn from one another as a cohort. I definitely recommend this program! - Lane Velayo, Synergos AMC
Mary Byers, CAE, is co-author of Race for Relevance: Five Radical Changes for Associations and Road to Relevance: 5 Strategies for Competitive Associations. She's the former director of communications and member services for the Illinois State Dental Society and served in that capacity for nine years prior to starting her consulting business in 1998. Since then she has worked with hundreds of associations on leadership development, planning and strategy. Mary specializes in working with volunteer association leaders and chief staff executives to help define their roles and clarify their vision through leadership conference programming, facilitating strategic planning retreats and coaching. Mary is a certified association executive and a member of the National Speakers Association. She is also the author of seven books.
What is the schedule?
8:00 am - 8:30 am: Registration & Breakfast
8:30 am - 4:00 pm: Program with Luncheon, Breaks
What is the dress code?
The dress code is business casual.
What is the investment?
Three-Part Series (includes three program days with breakfast and lunch)
$749 for Members (register by December 14), $849 for Members (after December 14)
$949 for Non Members (register by December 14); $1,049 for Non Members (after December 14)
*Credit card accepted online only, to be invoiced email Chris.
What if I am only able to attend two program days?
- There may be some references from one meeting to the next that will be missed but for the most part, each day is self-contained. We can send handouts to anyone who has to miss with the understanding that the handouts will be missing context. It is our belief that there is enough value in the program that it’s worth the investment even if unable to attend all three sessions.
Are scholarships available?
How many CAE credits will I earn?
- Each program day is six credits, or 18 credits for all three sessions.
Guaranteed to be worth your investment, or we'll make it right.
- We are so excited for this program that we guarantee it will be worth your investment, or we'll make it right.
Associations North is a CAE Approved Provider. This program may be applied for 18 credits (6 credits/session) toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements. Note: This program is not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ASAE or the CAE program. Applicants may use any program that meets eligibility requirements in the specific timeframe towards the exam application or renewal. There are no specific individual courses required as part of the applications – selection of eligible education is up to the applicant based on his/her needs.