Take a fresh look at leadership. Gabriel Eckert, FASAE, CAE will lead an interactive session based on one of ASAE’s best-selling books, From Insight to Action: 6 New Ways to Think, Lead and Achieve. The session will explore emerging leadership competencies that are essential for creating and sustaining success. You will learn how to implement these competencies through case studies, real-world stories and research-validated theory. Challenge your thinking, enhance your leadership skills, and learn how to lead your organization to success in a rapidly changing environment.
Attendees will gain new leadership competencies; better understand their own leadership styles and how to work effectively with others; and learn how to create more diverse and inclusive committees and boards. All participants will receive a free implementation tool kit, designed to assist in implementing the concepts explored during the workshop.
6 Emerging Leadership Competencies
From Insight to Action explores in detail 6 emerging leadership competencies:
- 360 Thinking - Understanding the fundamental interconnections between systems, structures, processes, culture and ideas, and understanding the impact that changes in one have on another.
- Heightened Intuition – Recognizing and understanding your internal response or sense regarding an issue.
- Dynamic Decision Making – Blending and balancing data and intuition when making a decision.
- Diversity of Thought – Using both right- and left-brain thinking; seeing and valuing difference of opinion; and creating work teams that include diverse ways of thinking.
- Powerful Questions – Asking open-ended, non-leading questions, to which the leader does not seek a predetermined answer or outcome, and actively listening and using follow-up questions to fully understand the answer.
- Understanding Change – Understanding the underlying drivers and barriers of change in individuals and organizations.
Luncheon Conversation – No Shortage of Challenges
In a profession where the pace of change is accelerating, association executives understand there is no shortage of challenges facing them and the organizations they serve. Gabriel Eckert, FASAE, CAE will lead a highly interactive conversation centered around the challenges participants in the session are facing. Gabriel will also discuss some of the most common challenges faced by associations, and explore tools proven to solve them.
Investment (Includes Breakfast and Luncheon)
Gabriel Eckert, FASAE, CAE, serves as the executive director of the Building Owners and Managers Association of Georgia. An ASAE Fellow, he currently serves as chair CAE Commission and is a past chair of the Georgia Society of Association Executives Foundation. He has been named one of the Top 40 Under 40 in Metro Atlanta, and as one of the Top 40 Under 40 in Association Management by USAE and the Association Forum of Chicagoland. Gabriel is also a nationally recognized strategic planning facilitator, consultant, speaker and executive coach. He is a co-author of one of ASAE’s best-selling books, “From Insight to Action: 6 New Ways to Think, Lead and Achieve.”
$129 for Members, $99 for Additional Staff/Board Members
$179 for Non Members; $149 for Additional Staff/Board Members
*Credit card accepted online only, to be invoiced email Chris.
Associations North is a CAE Approved Provider. This program may be applied for 3.5 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements. Note: This program is not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ASAE or the CAE program. Applicants may use any program that meets eligibility requirements in the specific timeframe towards the exam application or renewal. There are no specific individual courses required as part of the applications – selection of eligible education is up to the applicant based on his/her needs.